Resident Services Associate
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, QuadReal Property Group is a Canadian real estate investment, development and management company operating on a global scale.
The company’s $24.5 billion portfolio spans 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. Owned by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), formerly bcIMC, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, QuadReal was established to manage its real estate investment portfolio.
Reporting to the Resident Services Manager, the Resident Services Associate is responsible for the administration and leasing functions at the property. The Resident Services Associate is responsible for the implementation and execution of resident relations and engagement programs, including the planning and execution of resident appreciation events.
• Perform the overall leasing and resident relations functions at the property, evaluating and monitoring metrics that include vacancy, sales, renewals, move-in, move-out, notices, etc.;
• Participate in the full leasing process; securing appointments to view the property and update/record activity in Yardi Voyager and Rent Café/CRM as applicable;
• Conduct property tours and show available suites to prospective residents and ensure standards as per QuadReal’s leasing policy are met when engaging with prospective residents;
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the property, including availability of suite types and layouts, common areas and amenities of the building, surrounding neighborhood and value-added services provided;
• Conduct background checks, credit checks, and ensure timely notification is provided to all applicants of the application status;
• Facilitate the signing of all leases, schedules, assignments and addendum forms utilizing Yardi Voyager and Rent Cafe.
• Assemble and provide move-in packages to new residents using Yardi Voyager and Rent Café; and
• Communicate and work with Resident Service Manager to ensure suites are delivered on time and as promised, providing move-in inspections and new home orientation with new residents.
• Conduct regular market surveys, analyzing competition and identifying market trends for the purpose of providing input and recommendations on pricing and strategy;
• Provide feedback and recommendations to Resident Services Manager on rental rates, promotions and overall market conditions with a view to maximizing revenue at the property; and
• Establish and maintain relationships with community organizations, including local businesses that may add value to the Resident experience or result in increased traffic to the property.
Administration and Reporting
• Ensure timely and accurate completion and entry of all leasing documentation, including application forms, Tenancy Agreements, renewal agreements, and other supporting documentation using Yardi Voyager and Rent Cafe;
• Issue and deliver notices such as: Violation Notice, Notice to End Tenancy, Notice to Enter, Notice of Renewals, by an approved method of service; and
• Maintain all resident information received in accordance with privacy rules and regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring all property management policies, procedures, and operations are executed to QuadReal standards;
• Provide administrative support as required, including preparation of notices and other resident correspondence, courier & mail handling, as well as maintain resident and contractor contact information in Yardi Voyager; and
• Ensure maintenance of office & kitchen supplies, document scanning, photocopying, etc.
• Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns;
• Uphold QuadReal’s mission, vision, and values serving as a brand and cultural ambassador for our residents, co-workers, vendors, and public; and
• Organize resident engagement and retention events and activities at the property based on your target market, with a view to developing relationships with residents.
• Complete rent collection, striving for zero arrears each month. Record all transactions in Yardi Voyager and deposit money in the bank. Monitor aged receivables report weekly for delinquency;
• Serve all legal documentation pertaining to non-payment of rent and/or further landlord/resident process or litigation as directed and in compliance with Residential Tenancies Act;
• Assist the Resident Services Manager with collection of delinquent rents;
• Administer any required Residential Tenancy Act province specific documents followed by processing all legal actions as per the provincial guidelines; and
• Ensure that all outstanding debts are sent to collections following QuadReal procedures.
• Coordinate reservations of elevators for move ins and move outs;
• Inspect all vacant suites weekly to ensure suites are in optimal condition for showings/appointments;
• Actively monitor deficiencies in suites and common areas and produce work orders as required in Yardi Voyager;
• Educate residents on availability of Rent Cafe portal to enter service requests;
• Ensure resident satisfaction and external contractors are compliant to work order requests;
• Follow-up with residents after maintenance work to ensure job completion and satisfaction;
• Enter work orders into Yardi for existing residents as necessary; and
• Assist with move in, annual, periodic and move out suite inspections, as required.
Health and Safety
• Understand and adhere to QuadReal’s Health and Safety policy;
• Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to: The Residential Tenancies Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Comply with regular fire and life safety standards including monthly testing and annual drills; and
• Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with the established health and safety policy, and immediately report any infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment.
Experience and Qualifications
• Passion for excellence in customer service delivery;
• Administrative and Property Management experience an asset;
• Two years relevant experience and post-secondary education preferred;
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors effectively and professionally, both oral and written;
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-up is required;
• Superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public, and especially residents;
• Familiarity with smart phone and tablet technology.
• Knowledge of Yardi Voyager and MS Office preferred; and
• Self-starter with high degree of initiative, flexibility, and professionalism.
How to Apply
Meet the recruitment team and apply directly at Booth 6 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (11AM-3PM) at the Mississauga Convention Centre, Located at 75 Derry Rd W, Mississauga, ON.
We are hiring across Canada! For other opportunities please create a profile on our application website and apply to applicable opportunities: https://www.quadreal.com/careers/opportunities/
For more information of QuadReal’s hiring process please click on the link provided: https://youtu.be/wE9Iz9CPUzA