Resident Services Manager
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, QuadReal Property Group is a Canadian real estate investment, development and management company operating on a global scale.
The company’s $24.5 billion portfolio spans 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. Owned by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), formerly bcIMC, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, QuadReal was established to manage its real estate investment portfolio.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Resident Services Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the property and plays an integral role in the successful operation of a residential property. This includes, but is not limited to marketing, administration, expense control, income maximization, physical maintenance of the building(s) and surrounding property, and daily management and training of support staff. All this is done with the goal of providing resident satisfaction through the delivery of excellent service to all residents at all times.
• Responsible for ensuring all property management policies, procedures, and operations are executed to QuadReal standards;
• Oversee and participate in the full leasing process; providing training and support to teams as needed;
• Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the property, including availability of suite types and layouts, common areas and amenities of the building and value-added services provided, and act as a resource interdepartmentally as a subject matter expert on the property;
• Ensure rental applications are complete and information is accurately entered into Yardi;
• Conduct background checks, credit checks, and ensure timely notification is provided to all applicants of the application status;
• Facilitate the signing of all leases, schedules, assignments and addendum forms utilizing Yardi Voyager and Rent Café;
• Actively manage the renewal process and retention program with existing residents; and
• Assemble and provide move-in packages to new residents using Yardi Voyager and Rent Café.
• Execute and provide input to the overall property marketing and leasing plan to meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the property and budget;
• Conduct regular market surveys, analyzing competition, and identifying market trends for the purpose of providing input and recommendations on pricing and strategy;
• Provide feedback and recommendations to Area Manager on rental rates, promotions and overall market conditions with a view to maximizing revenue at the property; and
• Establish and maintain relationships with community organizations, including local businesses that may add value to the resident experience or result in increased traffic to the property.
Administration and Reporting
• Issue and deliver notices such as: Violation Notice, Notice to End Tenancy, Notice to Enter, Notice of Renewal, by an approved method of service;
• Maintain all resident information received in accordance with privacy rules and regulations;
• Review weekly availability reports in Yardi Voyager;
• Review monthly property reports and report variances in Yardi Voyager;
• Assist with any Investment Management analysis and reporting in Yardi Voyager as required; and
• Ensure timely and accurate completion and entry of all leasing documentation, including application forms, Tenancy Agreements, renewal agreements and other supporting documentation in Yardi Voyager and Rent Café.
• Train, supervise, and coach site staff at property; ensure quality and efficiency of work;
• Motivate and develop site staff, managing performance to expectations and established standards. Be responsible and accountable for the supervision and activities of the team; and
• Recognize and reward for exemplary performance as it occurs, share successes with your team and provide for the opportunity of succession planning of your team;
• Ensure the effective monitoring and control of all building access including cylinder lock and electronic systems;
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of emergency procedures including fire, flood, and mold remediation for all staff; and
• Secure laundry rooms, recreation areas, locker rooms, and other common areas at designated times.
• Ensure administrative support is completed as required, including courier & mail handing, maintain resident and contractor contact information in Yardi Voyager;
• Ensure maintenance of office and kitchen supplies, document scanning, photocopying, etc.;
• Answer all incoming telephone calls and emails, including resident service requests, and issue to maintenance team members and/or service providers via Yardi Voyager;
• Provide administrative support for the Resident Services Associate including preparation of notices and other resident correspondence; and
• Enter and receive purchase orders in Yardi Voyager.
Customer Service / Resident Relations
• Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints, or concerns;
• Uphold QuadReal’s mission, vision, and values serving as a brand and cultural ambassador for our residents, co-workers, vendors, and the public;
• Ensure a high level of resident relations is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs; and
• Foster a strong customer service culture amongst all staff.
• Complete rent collection, striving for zero arrears each month. Record all transactions in Yardi Voyager and deposit money in the bank as required;
• Monitor aged receivables report weekly for delinquency and assist the Resident Services Associate with collection of delinquent rents;
• Serve all legal documentation pertaining to non-payment of rent and/or further landlord/resident process or litigation as directed and in compliance with Residential Tenancy Act;
• Administer any required Residential Tenancy Act province specific documents, and process all legal actions as per the provincial guidelines; and
• Ensure that all outstanding debts are sent to collections following QuadReal procedures.
• Actively monitor deficiencies in suites and common areas and produce work orders as required in Yardi Voyager;
• Educate residents on availability of Rent Café portal to enter work orders;
• Enter work orders into Yardi for existing residents as necessary;
• Ensure resident satisfaction and external contractors are compliant to work order requests;
• Conduct annual, periodic and pre-move out suite inspections and coordinate maintenance required as appropriate;
• Coordinate reservations of elevators for move-ins and move-outs;
• Inspect all vacant suites weekly to ensure suites are in optimal condition for showings/appointments;
• Review suites on turnover and complete a scope of work consistent with established policies and procedures. Follow-up to ensure all deficient items identified are addressed in a timely manner;
• Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budgetary and operational expectations;
• Responsible for opening and locking suite doors for maintenance and service personnel when entry by the resident has been authorized; and
• Ensure preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed.
Health and Safety:
• Understand and adhere to QuadReal’s Health and Safety policy;
• Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to: The Residential Tenancies Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Comply with regular fire and life safety standards including monthly testing and annual drills; and
• Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with the established health and safety policy, and immediately report any infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment.
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience leading teams preferred;
• 3-5 years of experience in an Administrative role or Property Management;
• Post-secondary education preferred;
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors effectively and professionally, both oral and written;
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-up is required;
• Must be a self-starter with high degree of initiative, flexibility, and professionalism;
• Superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public and especially residents;
• A passion for excellence in customer service delivery;
• Ability to work flexible hours;
• Knowledge of Yardi Voyager and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); and
• Familiarity with smart phone and tablet technology.
How to Apply
Meet the recruitment team and apply directly at Booth 6 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (11AM-3PM) at the Mississauga Convention Centre, Located at 75 Derry Rd W, Mississauga, ON.
We are hiring across Canada! For other opportunities please create a profile on our application website and apply to applicable opportunities: https://www.quadreal.com/careers/opportunities/
For more information of QuadReal’s hiring process please click on the link provided: https://youtu.be/wE9Iz9CPUzA