VAC Developments is a growing Canadian Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Company located in Oakville. We are seeking Millwright/Maintenance Technicians to join our team.
As part of the maintenance team you will troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on production equipment.
• Inspect incoming mechanical production material or articles for conformance to purchase order requirements, engineering drawings, schematics and specifications,
• Complete inspection records and document any non-conformances,
• Perform in-process, first-off and final inspection of machined components and assemblies for conformance to purchase order, engineering drawings, schematics and specifications,
• Review supplier documentation for compliance to specifications,
• Participate in solving non-conformance issues and implementing corrective actions,
• College Diploma in related field is preferred and a minimum 3 years’ experience in quality or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Knowledge and experience using MS Office (Excel. Word).
• Experience with quality manufacturing system and understanding of specifications, gage certification, capability analysis, data and defect analysis, variance reduction, etc.
• Experience using a wide variety of precision measuring instruments (i.e. micrometers, calipers, indicators, etc.).
• Ability to read blueprints including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and engineering specifications.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is essential
• Ability to make decisions (accept or reject material), report and document findings
• Good communication skills both verbal and written to effectively present information and respond to quality issues is required.
• Experience in the aerospace or defense industry is an asset.
Please note that due to the nature of our business, employment is subject to the Controlled Goods Program – Security Assessment includes a police criminal record search
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please visit Booth 28 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at the Mississauga Convention Centre between 11AM – 3PM.