VAC Developments is a growing Canadian Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Company located in Oakville. We are currently seeking Production Planners to join our team.
Our Production Planners are Mechanical Engineers who have a fundamental understanding of modelling methodologies to support the aerospace metal manufacturing processes with applications such as complex shape modelling, and tool design.
• Ensures Contract Review Checklist are completed for all jobs.
• Ensure Operation Sheets are issued for internal and external processing.
• Ensure all references in the process are current at the time of release.
• Co-ordinate with the Production supervisor for optimum manufacturing batch size.
• Ensure process is issued per priority sequence.
• Coordinate with Purchasing for hardware, material and processing requirements and ensure the tracker is updated.
• Create models and 2D drawings using Inventor/Auto CAD/Catia
Required Skills and Experience:
• Preference given to candidates coming from the aerospace and defense manufacturing industries.
• 3+ years’ experience with AUTOCAD/CAM/INVENTOR systems utilizing solid modeling.
• Extensive knowledge of Aerospace machining manufacturing processes an asset.
Completion of University degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
• Ability to read drawings with a full understanding of GD&T.
• Has developed technical knowledge of modern Aerospace practices, techniques and equipment.
• Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Good team player with integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
• Good in writing, documentation, coordination and analytical skills.
• Strong computer background including experience with MS Office.
• Training in Six Sigma, lean manufacturing would be an asset.
Please note that due to the nature of our business, employment is subject to the Controlled Goods Program – Security Assessment includes a police criminal record search
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please visit Booth 28 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at the Mississauga Convention Centre between 11AM – 3PM.