Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, QuadReal Property Group is a Canadian real estate investment, development and management company operating on a global scale.
The company’s $24.5 billion portfolio spans 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. Owned by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), formerly bcIMC, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, QuadReal was established to manage its real estate investment portfolio.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager or Resident Service Manager, the Maintenance Technician will contribute and participate in activities related to preventative and unscheduled maintenance, as well as environmental, health and safety, and other special initiatives by performing the following duties, with a goal of providing exceptional resident satisfaction through the delivery of great service to all residents at all times.
• Perform scheduled, preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance as directed by the Maintenance Manager or Resident Services Manager, and record activities utilizing Yardi Voyager Mobile Maintenance;
• Complete maintenance repairs on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction and safety following priority guidelines;
• Take photos of deficiencies and finished work as required for documenting maintenance repairs and damage utilizing Yardi Voyager Mobile Maintenance;
• Complete general maintenance in garages and parking lots, mechanical rooms, on rooftops and in other common areas;
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all building mechanical systems (i.e., pumps, life safety systems, HVAC, swimming pools, and other systems depending on the specific property);
• Ensure all tools and cleaning equipment are maintained and serviced regularly;
• Ensure all mechanical and exit doors are secure and properly functioning at all times;
• Coordinate and supervise trades work such as painters, electricians, plumbers, etc. when necessary as directed by the Maintenance Manager or Resident Services Manager;
• Responsible for cleaning duties, including litter pick-up, sweeping, shoveling, pressure washing, or other as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or Resident Services Manager;
• Prepare and organize waste and recycling bins to maintain order and cleanliness in the garbage room;
• Ensure property, grounds and vacant suites are kept clean in accordance with QuadReal standards;
• Be responsible for opening and locking suite doors for service personnel when entry has been authorized;
• Accompany all vendors and contractors in resident suites at all times;
• Emergency response and on-call duty, as required; and
• Other related duties as required. Must be able to lift at least 25 kilograms.
• Ensure maintenance records, files, and documentation are maintained accurately and timely and in accordance with established procedures utilizing Yardi Voyager;
• Comply with regular fire and life safety standards including monthly testing and annual drills;
• Maintain part stock, maintenance supplies, and complete regular inventories. Work with Maintenance Manager or Resident Services Manager to order supplies as necessary to ensure the proper operation of the property; and
• Maintain all logs and safety checks.
Health and Safety
• Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to: The Residential Tenancies Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Understand and adhere to QuadReal’s Health and Safety policy; ensure a thorough knowledge and understanding of emergency procedures including fire, flood, and mold remediation for all staff;
• Familiarity with the emergency operation of electrical systems, elevator, boiler/chiller, fire panel and life safety systems, mechanical systems, sprinklers and timer systems;
• Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with the established Health and Safety policy, and immediately report any infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment to the Maintenance Manager or Resident Services Manager;
• Ensure the effective monitoring and control of all building access including cylinder lock and electronic systems; and
• Secure laundry rooms, recreation areas, locker rooms, and other common areas at designated times.
• Uphold QuadReal’s mission, vision, and values serving as a brand and cultural ambassador for our residents, co-workers, vendors, and the public;
• Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints, or concerns;
• Interact with residents in a diplomatic manner; and
• Foster and develop a customer service culture amongst all staff.
Experience and Qualifications
• Two years of general related experience preferred;
• Awareness of occupational health and safety practices;
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors effectively and professionally, both oral and written;
• Superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public, and especially residents;
• Familiarity with smart phone and tablet technology; and
• Entry level skills in Microsoft Office and Yardi Voyager preferred.
How to Apply
Meet the recruitment team and apply directly at Booth 6 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (11AM-3PM) at the Mississauga Convention Centre, Located at 75 Derry Rd W, Mississauga, ON.
We are hiring across Canada! For other opportunities please create a profile on our application website and apply to applicable opportunities: https://www.quadreal.com/careers/opportunities/
For more information of QuadReal’s hiring process please click on the link provided: https://youtu.be/wE9Iz9CPUzA