Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, QuadReal Property Group is a Canadian real estate investment, development and management company operating on a global scale.
The company’s $24.5 billion portfolio spans 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. Owned by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), formerly bcIMC, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, QuadReal was established to manage its real estate investment portfolio.
Reporting to the Resident Services Manager, the Maintenance Manager may lead a team of Maintenance Technician(s), depending on the property. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the overall preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance of the property, with a goal of promoting exceptional resident satisfaction through the delivery of great service to all residents at all times.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all building mechanical systems (i.e., pumps, life safety systems, HVAC, swimming pools, and other systems depending on the specific property);
• Perform daily site inspections, interior and exterior, and document all findings utilizing Yardi Voyager Mobile Maintenance;
• Conduct weekly vacant suite inspections;
• Ensure completion of maintenance repairs on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction and safety following priority guidelines;
• Ensure all exterior areas of the front entrance sidewalks, roadway, and walk ways leading to any entrance and exit doors are free of dirt, debris, ice, and snow;
• Ensure completion of general maintenance in parking garages/lots, mechanical rooms, on rooftops and in other common areas;
• Oversee suite turnovers for the property; ensure completion of minor suite renovations or upgrade work including painting and general carpentry;
• Take photos of deficiencies and finished work as required for documenting maintenance repairs and damage utilizing Yardi Voyager Mobile Maintenance;
• Accompany all vendors and contractors in resident suites at all times;
• Ensure all tools and cleaning equipment are maintained and serviced regularly;
• Ensure waste and recycling duties are completed on established pick-up days;
• Maintain up-to-date MSDS worksheets for maintenance products and adherence by the OH&S rules and regulations;
• Assist with onsite management of capital projects, execution of the capital plan, and identifying issues for current or future repair;
• Emergency response and on-call duty, as required; and
• Perform other duties as required. Must be able to lift at least 25 kilograms.
Management (if applicable) and Administration
• Lead on-site Maintenance Technician(s) and manage daily maintenance activities at the property;
• Coordinate Maintenance Technician(s) and vendor scheduling and oversee quality of work performed;
• Motivate and develop site maintenance team, managing performance to expectations and established standards. Be responsible and accountable for the supervision and activities of the team, recognize and reward for exemplary performance;
• Coordinate month-end duties and responsibilities, including suite pre-inspection, and scheduling of contractors and staff for turnover of suites utilizing Yardi Voyager;
• Maintain part stock, maintenance supplies, appliance inventory, and complete regular inventories. Work with Resident Services Manager to order supplies as necessary to ensure the proper operation of the property;
• Ensure maintenance records, operational guides, files, and documentation are maintained accurately and timely and in accordance with established procedure utilizing Yardi Voyager;
• Comply with regular fire and life safety standards including monthly testing and annual drills; and
• Maintain all logs and safety checks.
Health and Safety
• Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to: The Residential Tenancies Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Understand and adhere to QuadReal’s Health and Safety policy; ensure a thorough knowledge and understanding of emergency procedures including fire, flood, and mold remediation for all staff;
• Comply with regular fire and life safety standards including monthly testing and annual drills;
• Familiarity with the emergency operation of electrical systems, elevator, boiler/chiller, fire panel and life safety systems, mechanical systems, sprinkler and timer systems;
• Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with the established Health and Safety policy, and immediately report any infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment to the Resident Service Manager;
• Ensure the effective monitoring and control of all building access including cylinder lock and electronic systems; and
• Secure laundry rooms, recreation areas, locker rooms, and other common areas at designated times.
• Uphold QuadReal’s mission, vision, and values serving as a brand and cultural ambassador for our residents, co-workers, vendors, and the public;
• Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints, or concerns;
• Interact with residents in a diplomatic manner; and
• Foster and develop a customer service culture amongst all staff.
Experience and Qualifications
• High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses or certification. WHMIS and First Aid Training an asset;
• Three years of progressive experience in all areas of building operations, including mechanical, fire and safety, electrical, and HVAC systems;
• Experience leading teams preferred;
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and management effectively and professionally, both oral and written;
• Superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors;
• Knowledge of MS Office and Yardi Voyager preferred;
• Familiarity with smart phone and tablet technology; and
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle at all times during employment.
How to Apply
Meet the recruitment team and apply directly at Booth 6 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (11AM-3PM) at the Mississauga Convention Centre, Located at 75 Derry Rd W, Mississauga, ON.
We are hiring across Canada! For other opportunities please create a profile on our application website and apply to applicable opportunities: https://www.quadreal.com/careers/opportunities/
For more information of QuadReal’s hiring process please click on the link provided: https://youtu.be/wE9Iz9CPUzA